Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The 6th column


On the Campaign Trail

(No. 6, July 25th)



Several years ago I was listening to a Paul Harvey radio broadcast and he made this statement. “ … the Bible is the very best guide book for organized living in a civilized society …”

While I could never find his quote in print, I found lots of other quotes that compliment Mr. Harvey’s. One of those is from Noah Webster, “The most perfect truths and examples for regulating your social conduct and domestic economy, as well as the best rules of morality, are to be found in the Bible. . . .” Our Founding Fathers shared the same beliefs.  So do I.

I consider myself a fairly well educated man. I have a broad collection of social and cultural experiences to draw from.  And if, at the end of this campaign trail, I find myself a member of the state legislature, I am confident that I have the resources I need to make the very best decisions.

My name is Bruce Sassmann and I will work for the common good of all men and pray for a healthy and prosperous future.

No comments:

Post a Comment