Thursday, August 2, 2012

This is the 7th and last of my columns to be published before the August 7th Primary.   I've enjoyed writing.   I hope you enjoyed reading them.

On the Campaign Trail
(No. 7, Aug 1th)

          My mom told me once that I will never lose any friends in politics, I will just find out who my friends are.   In this campaign, I have been overwhelmed with many kind gestures from my friends. I realize now that I have more friends than I ever imagined.  They have gone out of their way to encourage me, to support me, and to defend me.   I will be forever grateful.
August 7th, is the primary election. There will be seven candidates on the Republican ballot. When the votes are counted, I may or may not find myself at the end of the campaign trail.  If I have enough friends to carry me through the primary, my campaign will continue to the general election in November where I will face the Democrat candidate.

We have one of the best chances of winning, but this is going to be a close race.    Please, make your vote count.    Thanks again for your friendship. You will not be forgotten.
Tuesday August 7th is the primary election.  If I win, I promise that you and your family will always be welcome in the Capitol.

No comments:

Post a Comment