Wednesday, July 18, 2012


On the Campaign Trail

(No. 4,  July 11th)



            Why politics?     Our family has been in the funeral business for almost 100 years.  We are not elected, but we have always thought of what we do as a public service.   Much like government, we have a responsibility to care for every citizen, in a variety of situations, in full view of the public.   We are always on duty and always expected to respond.  We want the best for families and as friends we always wish we could do more.

For all of those 100 years we have also been involved in the community organizations.   My Dad was active in Church and on the school board.   My Brother was active in the Lions Club and community projects.   I got involved in city government.   I served as both Alderman and Mayor in my home town.   Most of the time it was a thankless job and I was an easy target.  But, there were a few seeds of progress sown.   The rewards are rarely immediate, but as time passes, a few of the projects I started eventually became a reality.   I know that I can make a difference.

My name is Bruce Sassmann, I have experience in local government, and I have always worked for the common good of all men.



www.brucesassmann@live.com   Paid for by “Friends of Bruce Sassmann”










No comments:

Post a Comment