Friday, June 22, 2012


On the Campaign Trail

(Intro, June 2Oth)



Here the first of seven columns I mentioned.   They will be published each week between now the the Primary election.   This first column is an introduction.   Next week the title of my column is "Tree hugger".


My name is Bruce Sassmann.   I am a republican candidate for a seat in the Missouri House of Representative from the 62nd Legislative District.   For the next seven weeks I’ll share a little about the process and myself as we prepare for the Primary Election on August 7th.

Every 10 years, after the census, the State legislative boundaries are redrawn.  The 2012 election process marks the beginning of those new legislative districts.   District 62 now includes all of Maries County and a portion of Gasconade, Osage, Crawford, Phelps, Miller, and Cole.   The north and south boundaries stretch from Highway 50 in Linn to I-44 between St. James and Rolla.   The eastern edge is the county line between Gasconade and Franklin counties.   The far west takes us to a corner on Highway 54 between Jefferson City and Eldon.

Tom Loehner, the representative of this district has reached the end of his term in the House of Representatives.  Now nine others, including myself, are working to fill the void.

Follow me, in this column or on the web, friend me on Facebook, or check out my blog post.   It’s going to be an interesting ride.   It will be a campaign to find the common good for the 62nd legislative district.

No comments:

Post a Comment