Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A couple of items worth mentioning.
First, during a funeral the other day, Fr. Jeremy mentioned in his message, "the common good of man"   I kept thinking about the common good and realize how important that message is to our government leaders.   The common good should be the barometer we use to measure the value of any government program, spending, action, etc.   If it's not for the common good of all men, then it must be pork barrel special interest legislation and spending.    I believe our government could be so much simplier, smaller, and less expensive if we simply avoided the trap of helping every special interest group that asked.   Mitt Romney said something about saying Yes wins votes, saying no ends in concession speeches.   Maybe I should start writing my concession speech, but if I'm elected as state representative, I'm only interested in serving the common good of all men.
Second, one of the many items on my bucket list is to be a syndicated column writer.   Another is to be involved in state government.   Well, I've married the two.   I have started a column that will appear weekly in the Unterrified Democrat, Belle, Bland, and Vienna papers, and the Gasconade County Republican.   The column is titled, "On the campaign trail"   Please tell me what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment